Wednesday, March 11, 2009

lauren shea little


Last Friday evening I got to go with two good friends to an artistic event called Pictures at an Exhibit. It was based in reverse on the famous suite of ten piano pieces composed by Modest Mussorgsky in 1874. He walked through an art exhibit and then wrote his music based on his response to the paintings. This exhibit was my friend Lauren Little's personal journey in responding to the music.

It was refreshing to my spirit to listen to a beautiful piano piece and then engage the art. My friend Lauren Little gave a short statement about her show and her journey through pain, grieving, solitude, community, and healing to create the paintings. It was good.

I was surprised because the first real conversation that I ever had with Lauren became part of the direction she went with one of her paintings. "The Wounded Healer is at the Gate". It made me realize that I am so very blessed to be in the community that I am in right now. It is enriching to grow into each others lives in that way. It was beautiful.

1 comment:

The Treslator said...

I love this description. Your friend Lauren sounds really cool.

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke