Thursday, July 10, 2008

unemployment is frustrating

Yesterday, someone pointed out that "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" when it comes to having employment or not. That is only somewhat true. Right now my life has no work related stress but, it has the stress of having no income and that becomes a problem very quickly creating another kind of less productive stress.

Being unemployed is frustrating for me because I like to be independent. Not having any income is a recipe for having to depend on others at least for a while. I am blessed to have very generous and supporting people in my life who are more than willing to help me out. It is also frustrating because I like to be productive. So, in the mean time I've found ways to stay busy so that I'm not going crazy waiting.

I haven't pursued any other job options this week. I wonder if I will regret that next week or if it is good for me to feel a little confident about getting this job. I have felt really good about each and every interview that I've had and yet, they keep saying... "Ok, you're going to have another interview with so and so..." So, I feel really good and then I feel unsure if I should feel good about it. It turns out that I'm looking at a position working with Latin America. It's logical, natural and almost ideal for me. I hope that everything goes well and that they pick me.

I was thinking about the kind of time commitment I'm going to be making if I get this job. It is going to take up most all of my time. It will be interesting to see what that is going to mean for other relationships in my life. People keep saying, "Stay connected" so, I'm going to have to work on that. I have a quiet roommate right now, it is nice to have a peaceful place to live for now.

I hope that I won't have to find a part-time job next week.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke