Saturday, January 3, 2009

Today was a good day. I had a new year's brunch with good friends from Church. We had so much yummy food. French toast, waffles, bacon, fruit tarts, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, oatmeal, yogurt, and more! It was so yummy.

After the brunch, I went to see the art of another friend at Touchstone Gallery. It was nice, I like how many galleries there are in DC. I came home and took a nap after that.

Later on in the evening, another friend called and invited me to go to Comet Ping-Pong. It's a Pizza restaurant that has ping-pong tables in it! Kind of unusual. I had already eaten dinner (a yummy 15 bean soup that I had made earlier) but, I went to see people. I got to see a couple friends that I hadn't seen since I'd come back to DC so that was nice.

When I got home I chatted a bit with my Venezuelan brothers in El Salvador and it made me feel very nostalgic for my friends and adopted family there. I am happy to be here but, I will miss a lot of things about being there...

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke