Tuesday, September 2, 2008

safe arrival in Honduras





I've arrived in Honduras. My trip was uneventful in the best possible way. I ate breakfast three times today, once before I left, on the first flight, and on the second flight! My flight companions included a guy from El Salvador and a guy from Kentucky who travels to Honduras every other week on business! Kentucky guy had lots of interesting business travel stories including visiting places like the UAE, Pakistan, and Thailand. My parents were at the airport to get me and it feels good to be here. We went grocery shopping and then we came home.

I love my parents house. It is a very traditional Honduran home made out of adobe. The hammock, the coconut tree, and the gorgeous forest are all part of living here in Santa Barbara, Honduras. I'm going to spend a couple days here relaxing in my parents' care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray Honduras! The house looks like they painted it, but maybe its just the photo. It must be nice to spend a few days with your parents. Tell them hi for me :)

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke