Thursday, April 7, 2011

Antimicrobial resistance

I have been feeling frustrated recently with my activity setting goals and my inactivity reaching them.  I cannot quite figure out what is wrong.  I think I need to focus more on the things I'm am grateful for, it will help me realize that there are some habits that I have that are really healthy and good.  It's not that my life is completely disorganized and unproductive, it's just that there are some habits that I would like to establish and they seem to escape me.  

On a side note, today is World Health Day.  The focus of this years World Health Day is antimicrobial resistance and it's global spread.  What is that?  This is what I got from the WHO Q&A section:

Q: What is antimicrobial resistance?
A: Antimicrobial resistance – also known as drug resistance – occurs when microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites change in ways that render the medications used to cure the infections they cause ineffective...Antimicrobial resistance is facilitated by the inappropriate use of medicines, for example, when taking substandard doses or not finishing a prescribed course of treatment. 

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke