Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lists, lists, lists

I like lists, I have to admit it.  Even though there is a part of me that enjoys the idea of being spontaneous I usually enjoy having things to check off a list along the way.  I was reading other people's goals for 2011 and was thinking about how posting your goals gives other people the opportunity to keep you accountable for the goals you have set for yourself.  I was reading an article about how to make sure you're doing what you love and it made me want to be more intentional about writing down my goals. Mostly because I like to and in part because it is a good way to remind myself that I do what I do because I love it and in part because it will help me keep at it.

This is the list of goals I made for 2011:
  1. Communicate weekly with friends & family
  2. Take more pictures (and post them)
  3. Read (at least) one book each month
  4. Go on at least 3 hikes (Camino de Cruces, Antón, Volcán Barú, etc.)
  5. Send something I've written to a contest
  6. Save money on a monthly basis
  7. Read the Bible more regularly
  8. Start a recycling campaign at the camp where I live
  9. Take a dance class
  10. Participate in literary/cultural events in Panama
This is my list of other things I would like to do:
  1. Put together a photo album of my wedding photos
  2. Visit Kuna Yala
  3. Go to the beach (San Carlos, Punta Chame)
  4. Listen to This American Life
  5. Write letters with pen & paper
  6. Have tea with friends
  7. Walk regularly
  8. Update an album once a month
  9. Cook good food
  10. Visit good restaurants in Panamá
My list for today...
  1. Blog every day in April
  2. Fold my laundry
  3. Write about Jolie (our new puppy) and Ophy (our new kitten, pronounced O-PY)

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke