Thursday, November 4, 2010

broken dreams...um, computers

This morning I woke up from a really bad dream, rolled over and must have gotten out of the wrong side of the bed because I started to think about how my computer (that started beeping S.O.S. the week after I got married) is officially ruined.  The motherboard apparently is shot.  It wasn't exactlly the best timing, the first week of school, newly married -now, I've lost my music, my photos, and my skype camera.

We took it into the Mac repair shop and they told us that if it was the memory that was wrong it would be easy and inexpensive to fix, but if it was the motherboard it would probably have to be replaced.  That was when they asked about the warranty.  The original warranty was expired and my most generous brother had given an extended warranty but, that was when we realized that I had NOT activated it correctly at the time.  Needless to say, I feel very, very foolish.  There is no way I will be able to purchase a new computer and it is too expensive to fix.  If I had activated the warranty, I would have a new computer now, not a broken one.

Alas, then I started thinking about not having Skype and realized that I haven't spoken on Skype with anyone since I came to Panama. I have a new baby nephew (hurray!) but, I don't know when I'll get to see him since I'm so far away and unreachable by Skype at the moment.  Anyway, I'm done lamenting.  I think I might feel better now.  I hope everyone has a nice day.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke