Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November 3: Separation from Colombia

Little kids in a parade...
Today is a national holiday and the begining of my longest break since the begining of school. I have to say that I'm tired and it is much needed.  

Today Panama celebrates it's separation from Columbia November 3, 1903.  I've had to teach and re-teach the story to my students in the past couple of days so, I'm becoming re-acquainted with my country's history.  For some reason I need to be around these things for it to stick in my memory.  Teaching it is great because I've been reminded of some of the little details of how it all played out.

Ariel is leading a youth activity right now so, I'm doing a little bit of cleaning and will do a bit of writing (my novel, hehe) and hopefully some reading.  It's so nice to have some time to rest, I feel very thankful right now.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke