Tuesday, October 12, 2010

study club

Today, I started something new.  I am an official “Study Club” teacher on Tuesday’s after school.  The fact is that it is a great way to earn a little extra money.  I was thinking about the fact that I like teaching, I love students but, I don’t just stick around for an extra hour or two for fun.  

You really do have to pay people to do that kind of thing; it’s not something that is really born out of the kindness of your heart –as much as you may love it.  Arriving home two hours later than usual once a week will be worth it in the long run.  Plus, it’s only once a week when Ariel has to teach a class anyway, that means that he isn’t done with that until I’ll be getting home anyway, so it actually works out really well.  

I hope that it turns out to be a good choice and helpful in the long run for my students and for Ariel and me.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke