Sunday, October 10, 2010

day of rest

Today was the first Sunday in weeks that I’ve been able to rest. The fact is that we’ve had so much going on between moving in, fixing the car, and preparing for school (among other things), that I haven’t had much time to really rest and just relax. It was a good day for that very reason.

After church we went to Ariel’s parents’ house for lunch, came home and took a nice long nap, in the afternoon I got to do some reading and just “being” without trying to complete any necessary task. The only thing we need to do before we go to bed is write up our weekly “menu” and grocery shopping list. Not bad since it’s still early in the evening.

I am looking forward to, hopefully, a good beginning to the second quarter. My expectation is that I will do a better job of teaching my students and organizing my time so that when I’m home I can enjoy being home with Ariel.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke