Sunday, October 24, 2010

Enjoying it in the midst of it

This was a hard week for me at school.  One of my co-workers was gone because her father passed away so, I had to try to help the substitute (who was amazing, by the way) and then, there was a situation with a family that I had to help with and it took so much emotional energy that I couldn't sleep.  I was so worried about the situation that I was awake almost all night long.  The next day, I was exhausted.  By Saturday, I was very tired.

Even so, Ariel and I got up early and headed to our Literary Workshops.  We had both done our homework.  We wrote a character sketch and came up with a "challenge" for our character.  We enjoyed the workshop, even though there was this one participant who couldn't stop talking.  That was a really fun time.  When it was done we headed back across town.  On days like that we both wish that we lived closer to the center of the city.  

Today is our 3 month-aversery so, yesterday we went and ate at a favorite restaurant to celebrate.  After eating we headed home.  I was exhausted and fell asleep.  It felt like such a waste of a beautiful day but, sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.  We went to the grocery store to pick up a couple things we needed for dinner.  Then we ate pancakes and I tried to get some work done for school this next week.  Planning is like a second full time job.  This is our last full week before we start to have days off left and right in November.  

I was thinking a few days ago about how this is one of those seasons that even though I'm tired a lot, I feel like I'm enjoying it while I'm in the midst of it.  Sometimes, it seems that I only realize how fun or special a season of my life was when it was all over.  

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke