Sunday, October 31, 2010

just another Sunday

Last week felt like a very long week.  School seemed to just drag on and on.  I'm very happy for November and our all of the days off we get for Flag Day, Independence from Spain, Separation from Colombia, etc. etc.  I need a different pace to get excited about work again.  I also have a book or two that I'm working on that I really just want to get into and enjoy for a longer un-interrupted period of time--oh!  and I'm going to participate in NaNoWriMo and try to write a novel on a month... crazy, but it should be fun.

The past few days it has been raining like crazy but, that means that it's nice and not too hot outside.  Yesterday, we went to our literary workshop and it was great.  It's fun because one of my friends from my childhood is also going to the workshop.  I like that.  Yesterday it was funny because Ariel and I had a conversation in the morning that turned out to be part of what the speaker was going to talk about...we feel like we have our own pre-workshop before the official workshop.

I'm busy with teaching but, Ariel and I are also enjoying looking for opportunities to continue writing more, so that it will be more of a habit and potentially something that one of us could do more formally sometime.  

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke