Tuesday, July 6, 2010

the fourth

I'm so happy that I got to spend the 4th of July in DC this year.  It was my first time to spend it here in Washington.  It makes for a fitting last weekend.  That culminating in fireworks kind of last weekend.  I think that I feel just the way I should right now, deeply thankful for the opportunities, experiences, and friendships that I've made here and utterly thrilled at moving back to Panama.

I've shed a couple tears at some goodbyes.  I wish with all my heart that it was easier to just come and go, to be able to see loved ones with all the ease of calling up and saying "Hey! Let's get together!"  Nevertheless, I am confident that this place and these people will be in my life long after I have left and possibly moved multiple times.  It has been meaningful and worthy of a grand fireworks display.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke