Thursday, March 12, 2009

people don't look at me funny anymore

In the newspaper this morning I read the headline "Unemployment in D.C. spikes to 9.3 percent" and then I found this interactive map in my inbox at work telling me "Unemployment Rising in Every State". These are interesting times.

It is amazing how quickly we can move from unchecked optimism and fearlessness to the shock of insecurity. We do not have everything under control all the time, things do no always go the way we expect them to.

At least people don't look at me so strangely when I say that I'm having a hard time finding a job. Last summer most people were so much more optimistic, they were all unbelieving when I was having a hard time finding a job. Today, unfortunately, some of those same people don't have jobs.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke