Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First snow day ramble...



I woke up today to see that it was snowing!! There is something so lovely and peaceful about snow. (As long as it doesn't stick around for 8 months like it does in northern Canada!) Anyway, it's cold out and I've been very sick for the past few days so, I wasn't up to go out and take some gorgeous snow pictures. I just got some really dull snow pictures just to show that there is snow. Not that you wouldn't believe me if I just told you there was snow, but it isn't the same. You know.

This also means that there is no school this afternoon because of a "snow-day". It's funny because different parts of the country have different levels of expectation for snow and what merits canceling school or work. I think that in Idaho they expect a little more than here. I remember people from other parts of Canada mocking the snow-days in Vancouver and yet, a snow day in Vancouver would be just an serious or more than a snow day in Idaho so, I think that the snow-day situation is relative to the amount of snow that you are used to seeing on a regular basis.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke