Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's uncomfortable, that's all I know...

Here are the contrasts that I live with...

The first conversation is with a dear loved friend who has found themself confused, frustrated, and generally feeling out of place in the traditional organized church. I listened carefully, there are so many reasons to be discomforted and displaced by 'the church' the way that we humans so often do it.

The second conversation is with a newer friend who quite confidently and offhandedly says 'People who say they're uncomfortable with the organized church annoy me.' I listened and chose not to say anything. I didn't want to let my mind wander with the thought that my first friend was right --the church is no place to have questions.

On the one hand I understand both set of frustrations and on the other, I'm not sure what I think about it all.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke