Wednesday, July 2, 2008

talking about a visit to Idaho

Well, this will probably be a chatty post about my visit to Idaho. All has gone well. I arrived Friday night and was ready and there for my friends wedding on Saturday evening. It went perfectly [a little long, heh heh]. No, seriously, it was lovely. You know how weddings are and you never really get to talk to your friend who is getting married so, you end up catching up with everyone else who is there that you haven't seen in ages.

Sunday, a great day to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while, hang out with my aunts, and pick up my cousins flying in from California. Monday was a quiet day together going out in the evening to visit family friends. Tuesday we decided to drive down to Rupert to visit my great-aunt and uncle. It was a good time. I stayed up late talking with my cousins.

Today, I had a lovely brunch with one of my friends and her mom. We got to talk about life and what we're hoping for and celebrating... it was nice. I spent the afternoon with my other great-uncle. I don't know if other people are as connected to their great-aunts and uncles and we are but, I think it's great to hang out with them and hear their stories.

I have many thoughts on church, politics, military, friendship, hospitality, and faith since I've been here. I may post some of them and I may just wait to talk about them with you in person if you're interested.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke