Friday, June 27, 2008

visiting the west coast update

I've been enjoying everything from the Fremont Troll to the International Jazz Festival at Granville Island over here on the WestCoast this week. I've had the opportunity to catch up with old friends and laugh like I haven't laughed in a long, long time. The fresh vegetables and fruit and the markets that I've been to have been incredible. I wish I could transport them to D.C., I haven't seen any markets that compare... yet.

I had delicious Indian food on Robson St. in Vancouver for a birthday celebration and enjoyed observing the simple Canadianisms at Queen Elizabeth Park. It was a lovely day so, walking outside among the trees and flowers was delightful. It was also fun to learn what "pitch and putt" is and to see the "lawn bowling" and "curling" opportunities. It was not quite warm enough to want to get wet but, it was beautiful to walk along Kislilano Beach with the great view of the mountains and the city. We thought about going to the Vancouver Art Museum but, had to skip that this time and headed into Chapters for a bit.

It's always interesting to see people that you haven't seen in a long time. With some people it's as if you'd never left because it is so easy to pick up and keep going... The weather this week has been lovely but, apparently that has not been the case most of the summer. Unfortunately, it has been pretty cloudy and rainy this year. I cannot complain about the weather I've gotten to enjoy. The mountains, the green, the ocean, all have been lovely. I got to ferry over to Bremerton and then back to enjoy seeing other friends in Seattle. I have a knack at making friends who like to do non-profit work, I guess it's no wonder that we're friends.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke