Friday, June 27, 2008

visiting the west coast update II

I got to spend the better part of a day just wandering around Seattle. The morning was quite a bit cooler than the other days but, it was so much fun to hang out at Pikes Place Market for quite a while. It is a lot bigger than the Public Market in Vancouver. Pikes Place has so many amazing fruits and vegetables. I realize that I was almost drooling over the amazing looking produce. I would love to live close to a market like that. Cooking with good vegetables is so amazing.

I got to meet up with a friend I haven't seen in a while for lunch. We had Dim Sum in the Seattle ChinaTown. It was so great to get to be there in person to hear how my friends are doing. After lunch, I was able to enjoy the afternoon wandering around the Seattle Art Museum (one of my friends had given me a free pass!). It was a great time. Sometimes, it seems like art museums today serve the purpose of places for silence and reflection like churches used to.

We spent the early evening in Fremont at the park. It has a lovely view of the lake, the Seattle skyline... ah, and the temperature was just about as perfect as it could get. Lovely, lovely. It was nice to get to spend time talking with friends, hearing about their lives, their plans, etc. I would be nice if it weren't so hard to get together with such great people more often. It is certainly worth it. Enjoying a quiet morning before I head to Idaho, I'm having a delightful time on this trip.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke