Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Quito!

I had a great time in Quito last week.  I had no idea how much history was packed into the city and country of Ecuador.  It was a great time.  I would love to go back to visit again sometime.


I spent most of my time at an International Educators Conference but, I spent the rest of the time with Ariel and our friend Mariqui touring the city.  She did a great job of showing us the highlights.  

What I liked the best about the city was the Colonial part.  We got to cimb up to the highest tower of the Basilica and that was great because we got a great view of the city.


Mariqui, Hannah, & Ariel

Mariqui also took us up one of the volcanoes that surrounds the city called Pichincha.  On the way up we got a spectacular view of the city, once we got up to the top we were in a cloud.  Ecuador's climate is quite cold most of the time.



 

Mariqui did a great job of showing us the highlights.  We walked around the old city and saw the churches, Ariel was able to see on of the museums and she took us out to eat real Ecuadorian cuisine.  
Probably one of the best parts of the trip was getting to spend some time with some of Ariel's Ecuadorian friends that he made when he lived in Guatemala.

I loved the people, the flowers (there were so many beautiful flowers everywhere!) and the culture (so much art, museums, history, etc.).  I would love to go back someday.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke