Thursday, May 27, 2010

I vote for...

Today, as I was taking the kids downstairs to dismissal we walked by a sign that the youth program had put up for a t-shirt design competition they were having and the sign said something like "Vote or Dye" (my second graders couldn't understand the pun) so, first they were kind of freaking out about that. 
Then, one of my students called out, "I vote for Miss Hannah" and another chimed in, "Me too, I vote for Miss Hannah" and I looked at them curiously and said, "Why would you vote for me?" and they replied with a shrug, "I don't know...it said vote or die."  And I thought I was going to get some great compliment.  Nevertheless, I kind of liked being "voted for" even if it was to spare them from death. 

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke