Monday, March 16, 2009

Bom Dia!

I'm trying to learn Portuguese. I think that it is interesting how much I LOVE going to class. I enjoy the learning process. I even enjoy how incredibly funny I sound when I'm trying to say normal and simple things in Portuguese like, "This is my aunt, she has brown hair and blue eyes."

I won't lie, knowing Spanish makes it so much easier to understand Portuguese than if you didn't speak Spanish first but, at the same time you have to be that much more aware of your accent and how speaking Spanish is NOT the same thing as speaking Portuguese, there are enough differences that you need to be careful.

Anyway, I love learning languages and I think I should keep this in mind as I try to figure out what direction I should head next with my life.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke