Tuesday, February 24, 2009

fragile waiting

I really like the words fragile and tender. I think that most of the time I am feeling fragile and desire tenderness from those around me. Even though, this doesn't mean that you cannot be strong and fragile at the same time but, I think that it's true that part of what makes us all human is that we're fragile even if we don't want to admit it. Often, the things that hold us together physically and emotionally really are not that strong.

This past weekend I went back to the Eastern Shore to be with my friends from the Academy. I guess I was feeling fragile. That is all. It was good. It all felt a little less clear and yet a little bit more beautiful at the same time.

Recently, I've been painfully aware of how impatient I can be. I am waiting to hear back from a friend and wish I didn't have to wait. The truth is that there is something very good about waiting just as long as you keep living life as fully as you can, just as it is, today, now.

Waiting shouldn't be the same as "stopping". I think that maybe waiting is like a process of becoming aware. You are so conscious of your "wishes" that you should be ever so much more intent on the here and now because if not when you stop waiting you will not realize that it happened.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke