Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'll stop so I don't say anything I shouldn't...

I dream of one day having a job that will not feel like a job because I love it so much. There will always been the part of any job that is work, it is not that I don’t want to work hard I just want to be able to be doing something that I love in an environment that is positive. There is a lot to be said about working in a positive environment. In fact, it might be better to have a “so-so” job in a positive environment than an incredible job in a negative environment.

Not enough can be said about working in a space that is not uptight. I think that there is more creative energy in a relaxed environment and in the long run everyone will be more productive because they will be less stressed about life in general and will be able to sustain good work over longer periods of time.

How do you determine what things are cultural and what things are just wrong? The type of relationships I’ve seen in the work environment I’ve been in during the past few months seems to be filled with difficult to decipher cultural differences and wrong behaviors or attitudes. In this culture there is a bit more respect for our elders and people who are in charge are not to be questioned. That being said, I don’t believe that –in any culture-- anyone ought to be able to verbally mistreat the people around them by casting a shadow of doubt on everything that everyone does or says.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke