Saturday, November 8, 2008

just a few more tears...

Yesterday, I broke down and cried at work for the first time since I arrived here in El Salvador. It was embarrassing but, it also felt good to just let all the internal stress and frustration out. They were tears that wanted to say, "We're loosing track of why we're doing this!!" I have to remind myself that I'm doing this for all the women who are being abused and in favor of all of the children who are growing up in the midst of violent homes and communities. Sometimes, it feels like things that could be done well but simply become complicated and are delayed by months and months. Which is worse? Sometimes, doing good is hard and we can get caught up in things that are not as important as loving our neighbour and the other. Thankfully, I have support and I don't feel like I'm all alone in this.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke