Sunday, June 22, 2008

one who excels in telling stories and anecdotes.

Someone asked me if it bothered me to write [like on this blog] and not get any response. I was thinking about it and I guess it's just a matter of expectations. I don't particularly expect to get a response to everything that I write here. Like I said before, this is a form of writing discipline more than anything else. In other circumstances, I would be upset to not get a response to something I've said or written. It's not that I don't enjoy getting responses...

I just stumbled across the word "raconteur" which means: one who excels in telling stories and anecdotes and realized that I found my ideal job description in a word. "Raconteur." If you happen to see any job postings for a "raconteur" pass it on!

Yesterday, without much pomp or circumstance my younger brother and I got to tour where my older brother works. Mostly family, wandered around the building, peered into cars, and took pictures. They only have an open house once a year and that is the only time that they allow guests into their compound. Interesting, huh?

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke