Monday, September 24, 2007

sailing

I spent six hours on Sunday and four hours on Monday out in a sail boat. I cannot begin to explain what an incredible experience this has been. I never dreamed that I'd ever get to go on a sail boat in my whole life! Then, without even expecting it, I get to spend the better part of two days out sailing in my back "yard", the Chesapeake Bay. Incredible. The beautiful sunshine, the water, the sunsets. The concept of the wind blowing the sails and all the drag and lift that allows for the sail boat to go in the opposite direction of the wind is just amazing. Getting stranded in the water when the wind went still was also an interesting experience. Having a great time sitting on the boat, having good conversation. This is just too good to be true. Except that it is true. Unbelievably true.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke