Tuesday, September 25, 2007

bright moon, theology, schedules, and D.C.

Tonight there is a beautiful bright moon outside. The reflection on the water is just lovely. It is good to help relax after a very busy day. This morning we woke up early and went to D.C. to get a tour of the White House. We didn't get to see all that much (well, we did get to go through the East wing). I tried to remember everything I could about every president when I saw their painting on the wall and I was embarrassed to realize that I couldn't remember much about some of them.

After the tour we went over to the Washington Memorial and went up! It is a great way to see the main Mall. It is a lovely lay out. After the Mall we split up and some of us went to a Museum and I went with Eric, Will, David, Cindy, and Ali to the Vietnam Memorial. We walked past the WWII Memorial and the Korean War Memorial. I need to go back to D.C. to see the Holocaust Museum, the Art Gallery and a few other things that I would like to spend time at.

We stopped at Chick-Fil-A on the way back (it is a eastern-southern thing). I've heard a lot about this fast-food chain so, today I was properly initiated with Ali's coupons. When we got home Lauren and I were responsible for finishing the scheduling for the next month's work at the Lodge. It is like a big puzzle to get everyone scheduled in an even and fair way. That was good to finish.

After that I didn't have much time before I went with Zac and Miriam to "Theological Discussions" with Bishop Joel and Father Robert at St. Andrew's. I hope to go back as many times as I can. We talked about "early Christian worship", "sacraments", and other interesting things. I will enjoy going back as often as I can. I enjoy the beauty of the historical tradition of the Church.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke