Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lodge Work & Korean Dinner

On Friday night I worked in the kitchen in the Lodge. I got to work with Will and enjoyed that. The stress of making goat cheese balls within a specific (and short) time limit and the cleaning until late wore me out. Lauren, Miriam, Cindy, & I got together after work and talked about our reflections about the past week. It lead to a very good conversation and a late night.

I got up early on Saturday morning to go do the breakfast shift at the Lodge. After work I got a phone call from Nathan to tell me that he was going to come up that afternoon. I had a very good conversation with a good speaker that lasted for two hours. After that I went into Easton with Miriam and had another interesting conversation about gender. When we got home I took a short nap before Nathan showed up. I gave him a tour of the property ad then helped arrange everything for dinner.

Grace's mom prepared an amazing Korean dinner and we crammed 26 people (including people's parents) into our dinning room. It was great! We were all a bit worried how it was going to work out but, it worked out wonderfully! After dinner (after cleaning up) we had a small campfire and stayed up singing random songs and talking. It was another late night.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke