Wednesday, March 28, 2012

When your vision fails

I came home with a fever today.  I fell into a profound sleep almost as soon as I got home.  I am tired.  No, I am exhausted.  I feel like I've done some things well this year as a teacher and in other things I'm afraid I've failed miserably.  It is easy to feel down about those things that you don't do as well as you know should be or could be done.

Reflecting on the work we have done this year, a friend reminded me how much work we have had to do preparing our teaching materials that our areas of weakness are not excusable perhaps, but certainly understandable. 

I guess I feel like my vision fails on days like today.  Hopefully it is the fever and exhaustion thinking and soon enough I will have renewed my heart for the various projects I'm pouring myself into.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke