Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I am provided for...


Last week I was tired in body and spirit. I let anxiety about finances, relationships, and the future cloud my vision and discourage me. There were little things, however, that helped clear away the fog (for a while) in each one of those areas during the week.

Last Tuesday, I went to a homeless shelter and talked to some people who's circumstances are absolutely awful; they are alone and disconnected. This made me realize how blessed I am to have shelter and protection. I am provided for, I should never, never forget that.

I got sick last week and was distracted at work. I was given the gift of a day to rest. I was able to sleep for most of the day. That helped restore my body with energy and my spirit with optimism. I really am provided for.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke