Wednesday, July 23, 2008

muliple diverging paths

There is something about Robert Frost's poem "The Road Not Taken" that captures what I feel right now. I am facing multiple diverging roads and as I stand here looking down each path as far as I can, I realize that some decisions are what is expected and others would be more unusual (and uncharted) ways to get where I think I want to go.

Thinking about it in a different way, my life is constantly defined by the path with the undergrowth. It seems crazy but, what seems absolutely normal to me (things like spending time with the poor, living in a developing country) would be huge steps into the unknown for others. So, what is the road less traveled?

Recently, I've heard quite a bit about the road with "better claim" and have been at times discouraged but more often thrilled by the challenge of coming up with original and creative ways to approach the questions and problems that I see abounding here and around the world.

I hope that "somewhere ages and ages hence" it will be with satisfaction that I will be able to say "I took the one less traveled by/ And that has made all the difference."

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke