Tuesday, October 5, 2010

something every day

So, last week Ariel and I were talking and I said something like, "We should try to write something everyday in October."  We both thought it sounded like a great challenge and so, here I am writing.  Ariel and I write a blog together called Contrapunto so, if I haven't written on here every day it's because I've written over there.

The fact is that writing every day can be hard.  Just like teaching every day.  This past week and a half I haven't wanted to go to school.  I'm kind of in that mid-semester slump when you hit that "I don't like being a teacher anymore" stage.  It's ok, I'm sure I'll recover once we get past exams and all that jazz. But, it's been kind of a bummer at school because I haven't wanted to be there.  I'm more bummed about classes and assignments than the students are.  I really don't want to assign any more writing because they write the most BORING stuff I've ever read.  I'm just kidding about not assigning any more writing... but, sometimes being a teacher can be tiring and I'm tired right now.

The good thing about all of this is that is that it makes me that much more excited about coming home at the end of the day (even if I have to continue grading and doing a bit of work at home).  I'm glad that I'm home right now forcing myself to write, just like I will force myself to go to school in the morning.

No comments:

live the questions now... R.M. Rilke